Image via Wikipedia
So I am behind, as usual. Not surprising, but I always get tied up doing something or other & then things get forgotten or get done when I "get around to it". Of course, I will drive myself crazy with all the stuff I have to do or should do or meant to do. Pieces of paper & notes are everywhere. It's Post-It Pandemonium!
It is time for me to get one of those things done that I have been putting off. I have not forgotten.
Over a week ago, I received a fabulous award from a fabulous friend of mine. Here it is:
I would like to thank the fabulous Mom Zombie for presenting me with this award. (I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!) It's a stunning award & I am proud to add it to my blog.
The requirements for this award are to post the award on my blog, linking it to the presenter. Next, I must list my 5 (yes, only 5) biggest obsessions. Lastly, I must pass this award on to 5 other worthy bloggers. So, here are my 5 biggest obsessions, not in any particluar order:
1. The Detroit Red Wings. I really don't care much for sports. I don't watch sports on tv except for hockey. I've been to a few local sporting events in my life just to say I've been there, I guess. But when it comes to hockey, or more specifically, the Red Wings, I love watching the games on tv. I'd much rather go in person, but they're so expensive. I collect anything Red Wings. I have 3 game jerseys, one red, one white & one black. (not authentic, worn game jerseys but they are the "Starter" brand) I have shot glasses, regular drinking glasses, & a frozen mug, pajama bottoms, shorts, jackets & too many t-shirts to count, not to mention other miscellaneous items that normal(ly) people would not have.
2. Reality TV. I think it started with Survivor or Big Brother. In any case, those are 2 shows I still watch to this day. Even though I know that these shows are NOT completely reality, I still like to believe the premise of the show. A few others that I have come to enjoy are: SO You Think You Can Dance, American Idol, Rock of Love, LA Ink. I even liked Paris Hilton's BFF shows-GACK! There are some I just can not handle though like most of the ones on MTV & VH1. These are usually spin-offs from another show & & are just terrible & somewhat disgusting at times.
3. Office Supplies. I think this is the obsession I have had the longest. I can remember collecting pens & paper clips when I was in grade school. Put me in an office supply store & I will have boxes of stuff I just "have to" have. In fact, just last week, I received a couple of special pens in the mail. They are a dark green click pen with a rubber grip & write very smoothly. Where did I get these cool pens from? From Nanny Goats in Panties (N.G.I.P.)! They are my favorite pen of the moment.
4. Shoes. Need I really say anymore? Yes, I think I will! I guess I am a typical woman in this way. I love shoes. I love shopping for shoes. My feet don't change size when I gain a few pounds. I really couldn't say how many pairs of shoes I have because I have them all over the place. There is no "one" place I could store this many shoes. I laugh at shoe racks & bags. I guffaw when I see the "Shoes Under" commercial. I ROFLMAO when asked to pack shoes "for the weekend". I wonder if I am related to Imelda Marcos.
5. Blogs. Last, but not least, I am obsessed with blogs. Not with blogging, though I wish I would post a bit more. It started with reading just one. And as I decided I wanted to start a blog myself, I started reading & subscribing to more. Then, somehow, I found the Blog Catalog & signed up there. One day, I read "Crotchety Old Man Yells at Cars", loved it, & checked out Humor Bloggers Dot Com. From there, I started reading blogs from everyone's blogrolls & subscribing. Now, I have so many that I probably couldn't read them all in a week. I'm so obsessed with them that if I don't read some for awhile, when I finally get to them, I have to read all the previous ones just to "catch up" on what's been going on. It drives me crazy, which isn't a long drive for me at all!
So, those are my obsessions. I hope you got through them somewhat sane. And seeing that I have to name 5 bloggers with fabulous blogs, I shall present them to:
1. Kelly at Chains of Yesterday. Just recently started reading this one & love the openness she writes with.
2. Chrissy at I Shoulda Been A Stripper. Her blog is fun & entertaining. Oh okay! It's because I love Bernie!
3. Reffie at Confessions of a Reforming Geek. Geeks (reformed or otherwise) are fun people!
4. Quirky at Musings of a Quirky Loon. The lovable antics of a
looney quirky mom & her family.
5. Moooooo35 at Mental Poo. I never know what to expect when I open this but am never too surprised.
Thank you for stopping by & sharing my award with me. Awards are never as much fun if you can't
brag about share them.
Polishing the award with my babushka,